时间:2018-06-04 00:00来源:网络 点击:0次
201. advance vi推进，促进；前进 adj. advanced 先进的/ 高级的
in advance 预先，事先 an advanced worker
202. examine vt检查/诊察 have one’s eyes examined
203. seem v. 好像，似乎 He ~s （to be） happy/a good man. He ~s to have said it.
It ~s to me that…在我看来… There ~s（ed） to be… 好像有…
Aftre what ~ed several hours, he left.
204. age n.年龄；时代 vi. 变老 for ages 多年； at an early age; at the age of … ;
of the same age=of an age After his wife’s death he aged quickly.
205. power n. 能力， 动力， 权利，电力
beyond one’s power超出能力范围 in power 执政
power station 发电站 come into power上台执政 power failure 停电
206. asleep adj 睡着的，熟睡 （表语形容词） fall asleep 入睡 He seems to be fast asleep.
207. blow v. （blew blown） 吹、刮 blow down 吹倒 blow up 爆炸、炸毁
n. 打击 give sb. a blow 给某人打击
208. avoid doing 避免，防止
209. ruin v. 毁坏 n. 毁坏；废墟【多用复数】 ruin somebody/something
The country was ruined by the war. The bad weather ruined our trip.
That one mistake ruined his chances of getting the job.
Years of fighting have left the area in ~s. 成为废墟
210. decision n. make a decision
211. interest 1） v. interest sb. I bought the book that interested me most.
2） n. 1兴趣（U） show /have / feel/ express （an） interest in…
lose interest in… I watched the game with interest.
2 利益（C） 常用复数形式 protect customers’ interests
3 a place of interest/ places of interest
212. thought n. 思考，思想，念头
On second thought（s）（再一想，转念一想），he decided to accept his invitation.
deep in thought= lost in thought 沉思
213. other/another/the other/others/the others
other than=except （for）=besides 除了
We’re going away in June but other than that I will be here all summer.
the other day/week 前几天，前几周 another day/time 改天，下次
214. thank n. Thanks to a lot of hard work, we succeed. How can I express my thanks to you?
v. thank sb for sth / doing sth
215. circle n. 圆圈 vi 环绕，盘旋 The plane circled over the airport before landing.
216. remove He removed his hand from her shoulder. 拿开，移走
remove one’s eyes from the picture 把目光从画上移开
remove the family to 把家搬到…… remove one’s shoes/ coat 脱下
remove the dirt from the door清除，去掉 remove one’s doubt 打消某人的疑虑
remove a student from school 将一个学生开除出学校
217. decline 拒绝，谢绝，下降
The number of tourists declined by 10%. Her health was declining rapidly.
I offered to give them a lift but they declined with thanks.
218. can 否定：cannot= can’t
can’t help doing = can’t help but do 禁不住
can not…too… = can never…too… 越…越好/再…也不为过
You can never be too careful when crossing the street.
219. sight n.视力，视觉；望见；视野[u];景象[c] I have good/bad ~.
catch ~ of… at first ~ lose ~ of… out of ~ at the sight of
There is not a boat in ~. the beautiful ~s of Beijing
220. chicken c/n. 小鸡 u/n. 鸡肉 Would you like some chicken? 来点鸡肉怎么样？
Don’t count your chickens before they are hatched.
221. agree vi. 同意；应允
1）agree with ① agree with sb / what you say/your opinion.
The weather does not agree with me. 这种天气对我不适宜。
A verb must agree with its subject in person and number.
What he does does not agree with what he says. 他言行不一致。
2）agree to the plan/ the arrangement/ the suggestion .
3）agree on /upon主要指双/多方通过协商而取得一致意见或达成协议：
We agreed on the price. 我们就价格达成了一致意见。
Both sides agreed on these terms. 双方都同意这些条件。
4） agree to do sth He agreed to go with us. 他同意同我们去。
5） reach/arrive at/come to an agreement 6） I can’t/couldn’t agree more.
222. arise arose arisen vi. 1） 出现，发生，产生 A new crisis has arisen. 新危机出现。
2）起床，起身，起立 He arose at dawn. 他黎明即起。
223. biscuit 饼干c/n some chocolate biscuits
224. fair adj公平的，相当大的，白皙的，晴朗的， 金黄的：n.博览会
a fair price/ fair skin/ a fair day /fair hair fairly pretty
225. repair vt&n. 修理 under ~ 正在修理
226. continue v. 继续 continue doing / to do / with
227. generous adj. 慷慨大方的It s ~ of you to lend me the car. be ~ to sb 对某人慷慨
丰盛的 a ~ meal. generosity n.
228. swell v.（swelled, swollen/swelled） 1） （使）膨胀，（使）增长
Her arm was beginning to swell up where the bee had stung her.
2）（使）隆起 The sails swelled in the wind.
229. instruct v. ~ sb to do She arrived at 10 o’ clock as ~ed.
The letter ~him to report to headquarters immediately.
instruction n. follow one’s instructions carry out / ignore one’s ~s
230. raise vt. 使升高，提高，举起，筹措，饲养，抚养
1） raise one’s hand/ voice举起手、抬高声音 2） raise money 筹集钱
3） I was raised by my aunt on the farm.
231. decorate v. 装饰修饰 decoration n. 装饰，装饰品，奖章
decorate A with B 装点，布置 decorate sb. for bravery 因为勇敢授予奖章
232. effort n. 努力 make an effort /make every effort/ make efforts做出努力
spare no effort（s） 不遗余力
233. population n. 人口；数量 have a large /small population 人口多、少
The population of the city is increasing. Seventy percent of the population are workers.
have a population of 数字… 有……人口
234. introduce v. introduction n. 1 introduce sb. to sb./ oneself
2 introduce sb. to sth.使初次了解 It was she who first introduced me to the pleasures of sailing。
3introduce new technology 4 an introduction to English grammar
235. settle vt. 解决，调停；整理；使平静；安放；支付，结账 vi. 安定，定居；停息，停留；稳定下来 ~ a question / ~（down） in New York
A bird ~d on the branch. Wait until the excitement has ~d down.
236. humor n. ----humourous adj.
n. I can’t stand people with no sense of humor.
They failed to see the humor of the situation.
v. she thought it best to humor him rather than get into an argument.
237. receive vt 收到 receive a letter
receive a good education/ a warm welcome The play was well received. 受到好评
238. right adj. 正当的；正确的；右边的 adv正确地 n. 公正，正确；权利；右边
all right 好吧 That’s all right. 回答道歉
have the ~ to do sth有权利干 turn to the ~=turn right向右转，
on the ~在右边 keep to the ~靠右边走
239. custom n.风俗，习俗；个人习惯
It is the custom in that country for women to marry young.
It was her custom to rise early.
240. relation n. 关系；亲戚 relative adj.有关的；相对的； n.亲戚
the ~ between cause and effect 因果之间的关系 A be relative to B A与 B 有关
241. over prep. adv. take over 接管 get over 克服 （all ） over again 重新
over and again 反复地 over=more than 超过 over dinner/a coffee 在…期间
242. knowledge n.
1Knowledge is power. 2have a good knowledge of…
243. useless be ~to do / be ~ doing sth
He knew it was ~ to protest It’s ~ worrying about it.
use n. 1） make use of … 2 ）be of great use to sb / be of no use to sb
3） It is no use doing sth
244. argue vi. 争辩，争论 n. argument 1） argue for /against 赞成/反对
2） argue sb into/out of doing sth 说服某人做/不做某事
3） argue with sb about sth 与某人争论某事
245. drink-drank-drunk n.饮料 v. 喝
drink to 为……干杯 Let’s drink to the friendship between us.
drunk 喝醉的 drunken 喝醉了的
246. partly adv 部分地， 在一定程度上 1）。The road is partly finished.
2）。I didn’t enjoy the trip very much , partly because of the weather.
3）。He was only partly responsible for the accident.
247. award n. 奖金，奖品 v. 授予，给予
248. breath n. hold one’s breath take a deep breath out of breath breathe v.
249. waste n. 浪费，废物 vt. 浪费 waste time （in） doing waste time on sth
It is a waste of time/ energy/ money doing sth.
250. participate v参加，参与 Participant 参与者 participation 参与
She didn’t participate in the discussion.
251. busy adj. 忙的；忙碌的 be busy with sth. be busy （in） doing 忙于做 busily adv
252. pretend v. pretend to do
253. upset a. 心烦的，苦恼的 Then the friend went away, and the writer was extremely upset.
be upset to do sth: She was upset to hear that the holiday had been cancelled.
be upset that clause: Her sister was very upset that her family had to move to California.
be upset about/over sth: My parents were in a huge argument, and I was really upset about it.
254. adjust vt. 调整，调节，适应 adjust your speed /the volume/ the camera
adjust to the dark/ the single life adjust yourself to the student life adjustment n. 调整，调节
255. operate v. 操作，手术 operate a computer 操作电脑 operating system （计算机）操作系统
operate on a patient 给病人手术 operating table 手术台
operation n. 操作，手术 in operation 工作中
The new rules will come into operation from next week. 开始工作，生效
put sth. into operation/practice 实施
256. soon adv. 马上； 很快； 不久 How soon will we be back?
Please send it as soon as possible.
the sooner… the better; sooner or later; no sooner…than …
257. panic n/v panicked panicking 1）。There’s no panic.
2）。They were in a state of panic. 3）。There’s no point getting into panic about the exams .
4）。I panicked when I saw smoke coming out of my house. 5）。The gunfire panicked my horse.
258. beg 乞求，请求 beg—begged—begged—begging beg sb. to do 请求、乞求某人做某事
I beg your pardon. 对不起、请原谅（降调） 请再讲一遍（降调）
259. narrow/narrowly adj./adv. 狭窄的，勉强的， v. 缩小 a narrow victory 险胜
be beaten narrowly 差点儿，以毫厘之差 She has a very narrow view of the world. 狭隘的
She escaped injury narrowly. 险些 in the narrow/broad sense 狭义/广义上
260. need v./n. 需要 They badly need a change.
There is no need for sb. to do/have no need to do… 没有必要做…
There is no need for you to get up early tomorrow.
I have no need to open the letter. in need of 需要
if need be=if necessary 如果有必要/需要
There is always food in the freezer if need be. I am in need of some fresh air.
261. spare adj. 不用的 闲置的；备用的；空闲的 多余的
We have a spare bedroom, if you like to stay.
Take some spare clothes in case you get wet.
a spare key / tyre; in one’s spare time
v. 尽力 破费；抽出 匀出（时间、金钱等）；饶命（spare one’s life）
He spared no effort to make her happy. We can only spare one room for you.
Surely you can spare me a few minutes. There is just a few minutes to spare.
262. concert 音乐会；演奏会 go to a concert a live concert 现场演奏的音乐会
263. fix v.修理，安装，确定，决定 Has the date of the meeting been fixed?
The car can’t start—can you fix it?
All the students are listening to the teacher with their eyes fixed on the blackboard.
This is a fixed phrase.
264. hand v 传递n手，指针 have a hand in give/lend sb a hand
hand in /out/down from hand to hand
on the one hand…on the other hand…
265. persuade v.说服，劝说 persuade sb to sth=persuade sb into doing sth
persuade sb not to do sth=persuade sb out of doing
使相信 I persuaded him of the truth.=I persuaded him that it was true.
I am persuaded of his innocence.=I am persuaded that he is innocent.
266. celebrate v. 庆祝 celebrate one’s birthday celebrate Christmas
267. destroy v. The building was completely destroyed by fire.
268. people n. （c） 人们；民族；人民 1）people of all walks of life 各界人士
2） The Chinese are a hard –working people.
3） He lived for the people and died for the people.
269. fail v.失败，不及格，衰退，未发生 failure n, 失败
fail to do sth power failure
fail （ in ） sth words failed me.
fail in doing My eyesight failed.
If rain fails, the farmers will suffer.
I fail to see why you won’t give it a try.
◎failure. n. 失败 Failure is the mother of success
失败的人或事 The man is a ~. The party was a ~
270. fool n傻子 v愚弄 make a fool of sb fool sb into doing sth All（April）Fools’ Day
271. opening a）。孔，洞，缝隙 b）。开放，展开 c）。空缺的职位 d）。 开始，开端
e）。开幕式，落成典礼 1）。There are several openings in the sales department .
2）。The movie has an exciting opening .
3）。Have you attended the opening of the Olympic Games ?
4）。We could see the stars through an opening in the roof . 5）。It’s nice to see the opening of a flower .
Opening hours/time（营业时间） his opening remarks （他的开场白）
272. balance 1） n. ① 平衡 keep a balance （between A and B） lose one’s balance
disturb the balance of one’s mind
② 余额 （常用单数） check your bank balance
③ 欠款（常用单数）The balance of 500 yuan must be paid within 90 days.
短语 be/ hang in the balance 不明朗的，未定的， 悬而未决的
catch / throw sb. off balance 使…失去平衡； 使…不知所措 on balance 总的来说
2）v.①保持平衡 ~（sth）on sth balance on one leg
He balanced the cup on her knee.
②同等重视 balance A with/ and B balance home life with career
③比较权衡 balance A against B balance the cost against its benefit
balanced adj. be on a balanced diet
273. supply v. 供应 供给 提供 supplied supplied supplying
supply sth to sb / supply sb with sth
c/n. 供应量 贮备 Supplies of food are almost exhausted.
Water supply was cut off last night.
274. tough a. 坚硬的；结实的；棘手的，难解的
Believe me; I know how easy it is to begin smoking and how tough it is to stop.
Don’t be too tough on /with him---he was only a child.
He played the tough guy in the movie. a tough breed of cattle
275. sick adj. 患病的；恶心的【只作表语】；渴望的，向往的 homesick
a ~ man, be ~/ill in bed /fall ~/ill
276. commit 犯， 干（坏事）等 commit murder/ suicide commit sb/ yourself to sth/ doing
commit yourself （to sth）： You don’t have to commit yourself now, just think about it.
277. sink v. （sank-sunk）使下沉，沉没，下沉，低沉
The ship sank into the river. ~ into a chair 一屁股坐下 Hearing the news, his heart sank.
278. injure v. He ~d his knee playing football.
This could seriously ~the company’s reputation.
injury n. injuries There were no injuries in the crash.
The players are out of the team because of injury.
279. tire v. 使疲惫，使厌倦 tired // tiring adj. 疲惫的，厌倦的 // 令人疲惫的， 令人厌倦的
tiredness n. 疲惫 Sth tire sb out. 某事使某人疲惫
Sb be tired out 某人疲惫了 Sb be tired of n/doing 某人厌倦了某事
Sb be tired with/from n/doing 某人因某事疲惫
280. or conj. 或者 or=or else=otherwise 否则 or so 大约
Hurry or else we will be late. either…or…或…或…
whether…or/or not… 无论…还是（不）… Hurry, or you will be late.（-otherwise）
281. rest n&v 休息，停止；the ~其余的，剩余的 take / have a ~
The ~ of the money was given away to the poor.
282. consideration n. 考虑 take sth into consideration 考虑到
Taking everything into consideration, the event was a great success.
All things _______ into consideration, I think his plan is practical.
283. defend v. We are trained to defend themselves against knife attacks.
Troops have been sent to defend the borders. 已派出部队去守卫边疆。
He defended his wife against rumours and allegations.
defence n. Soldiers who died in defence of their country
284. harm 危害 n do （no） ~ to sb/sth v ~ sb/sth
285. very a. 正好的 adv. 非常 He is the very person we are looking for. （可换成just the）
286. above prep 在…上面 above all 首先；尤其
287. treasure n. 金银财宝，财富，珍爱的东西；v. 珍爱，珍惜 treasure our friendship
288. owe 1）。owe sb sth =owe sth to sb 我认为你还欠我一个解释/道歉/答复。
3）。owe it to sb that
4）。owing to =because of
289. predict v 预言，预见 1）。Nobody can predict the outcome.
2）。It is impossible to predict what will happen.
3）。She predicted that the election result would be close.
290. prevent vt 预防，阻止 1）。 Prevent sb/sth from doing
Nothing would prevent him from speaking out against injustice.
2）。Prevention is better than cure.
3）。We should take some preventive action to avoid the diseases.
291. preference n 1）。Many people expressed a strong preference for the original plan.
2）。give （a） preference to sb/sth 给…以优惠或优待
Preference should be given to graduates of this university. 3）。 in preference to 而不是
She was chosen in preference to her sister.
292. sharp adj. 锐利的；敏锐的，灵敏的；尖酸的，刻薄的；剧烈的
a ~ knife/~ eyes/ears, a ~ sense of smell, a ~ boy/~ words/a ~ pain/ a ~turn
sharpen v. sharply adv.
293. coffee a cup of coffee; a coffee/two coffees
294. check v./ n. 检查；核对；批改； 支票 by check 用支票支付
辨析： check examine
check 指核对某事物是否正确， examine 表检查、调查、审查等
check the answers check the mailbox 核实邮箱（看有没有信）
examine your body/eyes examine the machine
295. join v. 1join the party/ army 2join sb. in sth. / doing sth.
3join in the game 4join hands with sb.
5连接 join A to B./ join A and B The island is joined to the mainland by a bridge.
296. absorb vt. 1） 吸收，吸进（液体，气体等） 2） 理解，掌握
absorb ink/ water/ neat/ light/ oxygen/ sound/ energy
absorb information/ knowledge be absorbed in 专注于，聚精会神于…
297. fade vt./vi 褪色，（颜色）消退 The sun had faded the curtains.
The curtains had faded in the sun.
fade away （to disappear gradually） her smile /laughter /voice faded away
298. dish n.盘子，餐具 I’ll do the dishes. 我来洗碗。
299. import 进口，输入 n. the import of electrical goods.
v. All the meat is imported from France.
300. least adj. 1 at （the） least 2 not in the least 一点儿也不
She didn’t have the least idea what to do about it.
(责任编辑：首页 - 最佳多多英语学习网 - 幼儿英语教学视频一年级上下册教学视频二年级上下册教学视频三年级上下册教学视频四年级上下册教学视频五年级上下册教学视频六年级上下册教学视频七年级上下册教学视频八年级上下册教学视频九年级上下册教学视频高一上下册教学视频高二上下册教学视频高三上下册教学视频全面的英语学习课件视频动画在zjduoduo.com)